Masks can be fun and beneficial for a variety of concerns.
Generally, masks and scrubs are home treatments done 2-3/week to provide extra care for your skin to compliment daily routines.
Masks can be in the form of:
- Mud/Clay like: Bentonite, Kaolin, Fullers Earth, French Clay; these generally absorb oil and detox the skin of impurities, great for oily, congested skin
- Charcoal – absorbs 1000’s of times it weight in oil, very detoxing
- Sulfur – the first antibiotic, great for acne, oily skin
- Vitamin C – antioxidant boost, anti-aging, brightening
- Hyaluronic acid – super hydrating
- Pumpkin – very gently exfoliation for sensitive skin using enzyme action
Scrubs can be in the form of:
- Apricot/Walnut shells – not recommended for the face – can cause scratches in the skin for bacteria to grow…
- Polyethylene beads – effective exfoliants but are bad for the environment – they don’t break down!
- Pumice – ground natural stone, completely biodegradable, gentle and smooth for sensitive skin, excellent overall for all skin types!
- Enzymes (pumpkin, papaya) – these are generally gentle and provide mild exfoliation.