You may have already heard (probably from us!) that Vitamin C is an important ingredient in your skincare products. But...
The truth is not all products containing vitamin C are created equal.
There are different forms of vitamin C, different concentrations and different formulations (serums, creams, and combinations with other antioxidants).
It is important to do your research before purchasing a Vitamin C product.
The most effective topical Vitamin C products for skin health must be:
- in the form of L-Ascorbic Acid or Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate
- at a concentration level between 10-20% (below 10% is not effective and above 20% is irritating and can’t be absorbed fully into the skin)
- in a serum (for the best penetration)
- in a stable and pure form
- packaged in a dark/opaque container to protect from UV degradation
- in a blend with other antioxidants (multiple antioxidants work synergistically helping each other to act more potently together than each on their own.)
Vitamin C in its basic state is very unstable (as are all antioxidants, by nature), and can become ineffective when exposed to UV light and oxygen.
Derma MD's Vitamin C Serums contain only stabilized forms of Vitamin C, so you know you are getting good value for your investment!
The Vitamin C21 serum contains 20% L-ascorbic acid, making it highly active, and can tingle on the skin for those new to using very active ingredients. It is also formulated as a blend with other powerful antioxidants such as ferulic acid and tocopherol (vitamin E). Skin appears brighter, younger and has a more even skin tone, and a luminous glow. It is packaged in a beautiful air-tight pump to provide excellent protection for the product.