There is a trend to head to the doctor & get a shot of B12 or Vitamin C to help with hair & skin. Studies have shown that topical vitamin C can help combat collagen degradation & oxidative stress even better than a shot.
Clinical trials found that vitamin C gels or serums promote collagen formation and reduce the damaging effects of free radicals to maintain firm skin. Though it’s important to get enough vitamin c in your diet, oral doses are usually not very effective at increasing skin concentrations because absorption is limited by the digestion processes. Topical application produces higher concentration in the skin.
The Benefits of Adding Vitamin C to Your Skin Care Routine
Vitamin C serums are extremely popular for quite a few reasons.
- good for men and women of all ages and all skin types.
- safe to use in conjunction with other active skin care products including AHA or BHA acids, retinols, SPFs etc.
- extremely hydrating. It also decreases transepidermal water loss, allowing your skin to retain its moisture.
- brightens skin by fading pigmentation and smoothing the skin’s surface to reduce dullness resulting in a youthful glow.
- treats a huge variety of inflammatory skin conditions to reduce redness and even out uneven skin tones.
- fading hyperpigmentation including sun spots, age spots and even melasma. It can even fade acne scars and spots. This will fade dark spots and lead to a more even-toned complexion.
- smooths out fine lines around eyes by plumping and hydrating the under-eye area and also reduces the appearance of dark under eye circles.
- boosts collagen levels. Collagen is a naturally occurring protein that depletes over time causing fine lines and wrinkles. Therefore applying vitamin C serum will result in an overall tightening and firming effect.
- rich in antioxidants therefore protects the skin from free radicals.
- speeds up general wound healing.
- good for acneic skin as it drastically lessen breakouts and any scarring.
Vitamin C is a safe and results oriented serum that is the foundation of many people’s anti-aging skin care regimen. Vitamin C serum is typically applied once or twice per day. A good rule of thumb is to cleanse, tone, apply one of Derma MD’s two Vitamin C serums, and then moisturize. You will see visual results quickly and have glowing firm skin in as short as 30 days.