The Genetics of Aging (and how to fight it - for you AND your mom!)
Scientists have previously attributed “aging” to cell damage accumulated throughout life, but now studies show some aspects of aging might be inherited! In these studies, certain cells have shown to have damage already present at birth, and are transmitted from mother to child via Mitochondrial DNA.
Gee, thanks Mom!
But we do have a solution….! Peptides to the rescue of your aging eyes!
Aging is a popular topic of study these days as the Baby-Boomer generation is desperate to preserve their youth! Certain ingredients have been proven many times over to help prevent premature aging and even reverse some signs of aging, especially for the delicate eye area.
Some general tips for choosing the right EYE CREAM:
Eye creams for daytime are generally designed to help reduce puffiness and dark circles; where as night time versions usually have more emollients and are meant to repair and correct the skin while you sleep.
- ingredients that target early signs of aging include:
- antioxidants (vitamins c, e, ferulic acid), hyaluronic acid
- ingredients that target dark circles include:
- vitamin k, arnica extract, licorice root extract, caffeine, kojic acid, Haloxyl, Eyeliss
- ingredients that target puffiness include:
- caffeine, cucumber, Hyloxyl, Eyeliss, Matrixyl
- ingredients that target more mature skin with advanced signs of aging:
- peptides (copper peptides, palmitoyl oligopeptide, Hyloxyl, Eyeliss, Matrixyl, many others), antioxidants, emollients (glycerin, urea), retinol, niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, ceramides, growth factors and brightening agents like kojic acid, mica and titanium dioxide.
An eye cream that contains a combination of antioxidants, emollients, anti-inflammatory agents to reduce swelling and puffiness, brightening agents, firming and tightening agents and peptides will offer multi-faceted benefits that can be used am and pm.
Derma MD’s Peptide Eye Cream is a true hero in that it contains one of the best peptide combinations out there:
- Hyloxyl (a proprietary blend including: palmitoyl oligopeptide & palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7) found in certain plants and in bee pollen and has been proven to reduce inflammation, dark circles and puffiness. Palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7 also boosts collagen production resulting in an increase in firmness.
Eyeliss which contains 3 natural and effective peptides that work together to eliminate the causes of eye bags. These three peptides include:
- Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone– This is a natural ingredient that is found in several different citrus fruits like oranges or grapefruits. This peptide strengthens the tiny capillaries under the eyes, which reduces leakage. It also minimizes some of the swelling and that bluish purple color that can make you look so ill.
- Dipeptide Valyl-Tryptophne– A natural ingredient that actually promotes the drainage of fluid that collects under the eyes. It can also reduce some of the puffiness caused by the buildup of fluids.
- Lipopeptide Pal-GQPR– This peptide decreases inflammation, improves elasticity and firmness of the skin around the eyes and helps to reduce under eye wrinkles.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – a great moisturizing agent
- Retinyl palmitate – is converted to retinol, once absorbed into the skin and ultimately to retinoic acid, which stimulates collagen production, cell turn-over rate and overall skin health.
- copper PCA – reduces wrinkles, redness & supports hydration in the skin
- allantoin – calming and soothing agent
- titanium doxide – lightening & brightening agent
- licorice root extract - lightening & brightening agent
It’s amazing! Give it a try!
And give it to your Mom!